MacWave Repair Terms & Conditions
By accepting service: from MacWave you are acknowledging that you have read and understood these terms and conditions and you agree to them and all applications.
1. Services and Diagnostic fee: MacWave offers a free diagnostic with any repair.
2. Payments: payment for a repair will be cash in Advance CIA / Cash on delivery C.O.D. A device shall only be released after receiving full payment of the Job card total due amount and settlement of storage charges if any. Exceptions will be made for credit accounts.
3. Collection: MacWave shall only release the equipment to the bearer of the equipment Job Card or recognised identity following a correspondence from a registered email. In the event of failure to present the Job Card, MacWave reserves the right to demand for such identity as considered fit and necessary before release the equipment.
4. Storage Charge /Collection Period: MacWave will impose a storage charge of R30 per day for completed Jobs. These charges commence after 3 working days from the day the job was completed and client fully notified by email proof. MacWave reserves the right to resell any device which is NOT COLLECTED within 30 (thirty) days from the date of completion noted above. In such event customer acknowledges that she / he shall have no claim whatsoever against MacWave.
5. Risks: MacWave is NOT liable for any loss or damage to a customer’s equipment due to unforeseen circumstances such as fire, theft and or any other event which is beyond MacWave’s control. While MacWave takes all precautions to avoid any physical damage to the client’s device, in some cases of advanced repair jobs scratches and dents may occur in the process of repair.
6. Customer Inspection: The customer will assess the physical condition of the device upon booking in at MacWave. The booking form will identify areas of dents or damage (if any) on the device. Upon collection, the customer must inspect the equipment thoroughly and immediately notify MacWave of any damage prior to removing the equipment from MacWave’s premises. Under no circumstance shall MacWave or its employees take responsibility or be liable for physical marks or damages on the device noticed after the device has left MacWave’s premises and signed that the device had been received in good order.
7. Data and Files: While MacWave takes every precaution to avoid unnecessary loss of a customer’s data, the customer is advised to perform a file backup prior to booking the device in at MacWave. MacWave guarantees no warranty with regards to preservation of data and shall not be liable in any way whatsoever for any loss of data or software restoration. MacWave is not responsible for pirated, illegal or unlicensed software or media loaded onto a computer that is in for repairs.
8. Warranty: In servicing your device, our technical team will only diagnose the problem described on the job card and that is the only area our service warranty covers, MacWave warrants that services will be performed in a professional and timely manner. All repair services with the exception of liquid damage repairs and graphics related repairs, carry a 1 year warranty, (warranty period for liquid damage and graphics repairs is at the total discretion of MacWave technicians.