Course Title: Mac12 | Certificate in Advanced Mac Circuitry
Mac12 is a Mac repair program offered by MacWave Technical Academy, its an advanced yet comprehensive study module for all those who wish to have a career as a Mac Repair Technician.
Duration: 12 Months
Technical designation after course: Mac repair Technician
Educational Requirements: Matric (Science)
Fees: R24,000.00 Annually (R2000.00 monthly for 12 months)
MacWave encourages and excels in advanced circuitry. Mac12 was introduced due to the scarcity of complete hands-on advanced board level Mac Technicians in Southern Africa.
The remuneration for Advanced Mac technicians is very high making it a valuable profession, yet the educational institutions available haven’t been able to produce the type of technicians to suit the contemporary market demands on a more practical level.
The program would be centered around industry standard, which is giving you all the required skill set as an advanced Mac technician, we would take you through the journey of Mac structural and architectural built enabling you to understand just how this piece of art of a computer works, its going to be amazing.
At MacWave, we have done so much to reduce the burden of the study module to simplicity and we are confident that our skilled technical team have made the course so much easier that you wouldn’t have to worry so much about success in your career path.
The course is divided into 4 different Modules:
MODULE 1: Beginners Pamphlet
Upon completion, students would be able to understand the concept of the full course.
Be able to explain and practically implement all of the mentioned module out lines in real life. Would further create easy navigation through the rest of the course.
- Course overview
- Introduction to Mac.
- Introduction to Mac System OS
- OS X Installation guide
- Bootable disk creation
- Introduction to applications software and installation guide
- Understanding system functionality (this will allow the students to be able to gain maximum advantage of the amazing OS X or Mac-OS and being able to guide users on how to gain full potential of their mac)
- Basic OS or APPLICATION troubleshooting techniques
- Technician user manual
- Becoming a pro user of a Mac and being able to help others
- Getting to know your Mac extensively
- Being able to provide answers to standard users
- Introduction to Mac hardware design
- Understanding the framework of a Mac
- How a Mac works as a Computer?
- Understanding the parts that makes up a Mac and how they communicate
- Easy steps by steps on taking a Mac apart and putting it back together (assembly and disassembly)
- Safety measures
MODULE 2: Find and Resolve
Upon completion students would be able to put to practice all the below listed module outlines, Troubleshoot a faulty mac from start to finish with accuracy in a timely manner.
Ability to produce an accurate reporting upon device diagnostics
Be able to point out a solution
- Introduction to troubleshooting (problem solving)
- Understanding users and how to deal with them regarding their precious devices (Mac)
- Easy step by step on understanding the problem of a Mac
- The art of providing solutions
- The concept of repair
- The general rule of approach to every to-be-repaired-device
- The language of a technician
- The concept of explaining in details a failure on a Mac
- Knowing your device inside out
- Being always ahead in terms of information, in order to help your client with the right answers they need (which is why it’s important to be a pro user)
- Getting ready to dive into actual problem solving
- The concept of understanding the complaint of a user regarding their Mac
- The concept of a START POINT during troubleshooting processes
- Understanding Mac diagnostics result and error codes
- Knowing when an actual repair is necessary or required
- Proper handling of a Mac during troubleshooting
- Basic troubleshooting/rectification keys
MODULE 3: Board Level Repairs
Upon completion, participants would be able to fix or repair any mac device regardless of whatever problem it has, and be able to explain the process in details.
- The art of repairs
- Getting started with software-based problem solving (advance)
- Understanding every parts or component used on a mac and its functional relations to the device
- Understanding component failure and terms of descriptions
- Logic board components level repair
- Understanding how the logic board functions with the other parts of the Mac
- Understanding the components used on a logic board and how they work
- Guide on how to use or read a schematic (THE REAL DEAL)
- Guide on how to use a board view in the course of repair
- Soldering technics
- Understanding the use of a multi meter (very important)
- Repair guides and tricks
- The art of understanding your logic board (saves so much time in the course of repair)
- General guide on handling devices
- Steps by steps on explaining the concept of the components used on the main board, functions and applications, some of which are : electricity, voltage, current, capacitance, resistance.
- Understanding ohms law, power, ac or dc, capacitors, resistors.
- Understanding a short circuit
- Understanding a working circuit vs a non working circuit
- How capacitors are used on a circuit
- How different types of resistors are used on a circuit
- Types of transistors related to our study
- Understanding a p channel mosfet as well as an n channel mosfet and their usage in the circuits
- Understanding a voltage divider
- Understanding a data line
- Pull up resistor
- Creating data signals or lines
- Understanding basic pulsing and components communications
- What a power rail is and types and its importance in the course of troubleshooting
- What happens when a power rail is missing or short
- How circuits fail
- Checking for shorts to ground
- General know how on shorts finding in a circuit
- Mode of circuits troubleshooting and multi meter measurements
- Understanding power states.
- The s5 state = computer is off
- The s0 state = the computer is on and running
- The s3 state = the computer is sleeping
- The s4 state = the computer hibernating
MODULE 4: Further Boards Repairs
The participants would be able to fix or repair any mac device regardless of whatever problem it has, and be able to explain the process in details.
- Knowing which power state to begin your troubleshooting and what rail to begin your measurements
- Understanding an integrated circuits(iC) and its usage
- Understanding signals and usage
- What to look out for while troubleshooting an integrated circuit
- Understanding logic gates (related to our study purposes) and its usage
- Understanding a buck converter and its usage and what it does in our circuits
- Understanding basic input and output on a given circuits
- Understanding a dc to dc boos circuits and its elements
- Understanding boost in circuits
- Understanding current sensing and how its used in a circuit
- Common faults in a circuit
- Understanding one wire usage and concept
- Understanding feedback and its importance in a circuit
- Understanding your backlight circuit
- Understanding ddc and its usage
- Sensors and types
- Current sensing related issues
- Identifying your rails
- Solving no power issues
- Solving no backlight issues
- Solving no display issues
- Solving issues with cpu vcores
- Solving Wi-Fi related issues
- Solving battery recognition or charging issues
- Solving no trackpad or keyboard issues (not recognized even though they are not damaged
- Solving no green light issues
- Much more sophisticated board level repairs
Listed above are only a few of what participants would be dealing with, there are so much more in the course, and the whole purpose is creating the best Mac technician out there who would be able and ready to rectify any problem whatsoever on a Mac with ease…
We wish you all the best, and once again, you do not have to be intimidated, the whole course will be made easy, that is a guarantee.